For 2014 I decided to take a different approach to New Year's Resolutions. Normally I would have LOSE WEIGHT at the top of the list. Each year I disappoint myself as the scale rides the merry-go-round, chasing itself.
So instead of making a list of resolutions that will more than likely end up in disappointment I choose to make a list of things that will force me out of my comfort zone.
1. I am the most regimented person I know. I never used to be like this, but over time I have become set-in-my-ways, and I don't like it. In my youth I was very spontaneous and did many, wild and crazy things. I'm sure you did too. Considering I am middle-aged I realize there is a wonderful middle zone there somewhere. I am determined to find it and make it mine.
2. Donating my excess "stuff" has always been easy for me. The problem is I'm donating at the back door and then walking in the front door and buying someone else's excess "stuff. You have to understand that I LOVE "stuff". Sifting through once loved items that have been discarded is sheer bliss for me. My plan is that for every bag I donate I am allowed to purchase 1 item.
|3 bags ready to go to Hospice Thrift Shop|
3. Over-analyzing my thoughts really holds hands with being more impulsive. I have a tendency to roll something around in my mind until it dies of dizziness. Acting on POSITIVE thoughts without stopping to consider the end result is my goal here.
4. Trying a new activity each month will broaden my horizons and take me away from the boring and usual. For January, My Love and I will be visiting Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. We will be attending a bamboo workshop to learn about bamboo and which collection will grow in our yard. We then plan on purchasing cut-to-order bamboo to landscape our backyard.
5. Cooking is a chore that I enjoy. Unfortunately once the boys flew the coop I stopped cooking every night. In an attempt to eat more wholesome, healthful meals I have to begin preparing meals on most evenings. I think this will be the easiest of the 5 resolutions for me to achieve.
|Let's get cooking!|
I hope that by changing things up a bit, I will stay focused on positive growth of my person.
What are your resolutions for 2014?