This quote inspires me to allow myself to live in the moment, which is something I have a difficult time with.
Learning to Love the Life I Have is always been a challenge for me. I continuously want more.
My Gramie once told me I have champagne taste on a beer budget. She wasn't far off the mark. I've always dreamed of bigger and better for my loved ones and myself.
But when is enough really Enough. I'm not sure I know what Enough is anymore.
Loving the Life I have now doesn't mean I have to settle for less only that I should be thankful for the gifts that surround me each day. These gifts are simple yet poignant and reflect what I have in my Life right now!
- My Love, who loves and supports me in Every whim or fancy I have. Yes, he may roll his eyes and humor me, but ultimately he lets me be me. He is my Margaritaville in my mostly self-inflicted stressed out world.
- My 2 Boys. Billy, my first born, once told me that I am the strongest woman he knows. Those words warmed my heart because he and I grew up together. Read My Story and you'll understand. Vance, my second born, has the most compassionate and loving soul that he shares with everyone. They each bring immense love and pride to my life.
- My Parents, who know me better than I sometimes know myself. They have been my anchor when I occasionally have veered off course. Their ability to Be There is comforting and a given.
- My Siblings, 2 sisters and 1 brother. Although we may not see nearly enough of each other, the bond that ties us together is strong and will never break. As of 2014 we made a pact for all 4 of us to get together at least once each season.
- My Home. I have lived in the same house for over 26 years. This house holds many, many memories for me. Good times, bad times and in-between times. It is my haven and I know and feel it, as it knows and feels me. Pulling into the driveway, I immediately have a sense of calm envelop me.
- My Life, that consists of many chapters. Each one carving out the person that I am becoming. I grow and develop each day. Looking back I never thought I would be who I am right now. And you know what? I like me, in fact I Love Me.
- My Sadie May, who loves me unconditionally. A birthday present from my son Vance who thought I should have another dog after I had to put down my CeCe. He was right and I love her more than I could imagine.
- My Stuff, and I have lots of it. Accumulated over the years, old and new. Ties to the past, present and future.
I'd like to thank Evelyn Kalinosky at Inner Influence who blogged about 13 "thought-starters" or Intentions for women to consider.